Monday, July 13, 2020

Snow Crash Stirs

On January 5th, 2017, Snow Crash took a break just as Trump began his reign of chaos.  At the time I predicted that his behavior would "very likely continue to dominate and degrade our national consciousness." Boy was that an understatement

We are now about to experience one of the nastiest and most vicious presidential campaigns in history as he unleashes an avalanche of mean-spirited misinformation that will make his previous 20,000 falsehoods look like a mere trickle.

Even though nothing has improved since 2017, I've decided to resurrect Snow Crash anyway.  There will be some changes, though, in keeping with the times.  First, some of the new posts will be rather short -- I doubt many people have the mental energy or patience to deal with long analyses of the sort I used to write.  Second, some of the posts will be a bit more personal, such as a weekly series based on emails I send to my family on the mainland.  Some may be fanciful, such as a series I'm considering that are based on my experience on Twitter as Zork Zynt, Intergalactic Observer assigned to Earth who makes periodic short reports back to his handlers for their assessment.

Finally, some posts will have a definite political edge. Fair warning -- I am a fact-based moderate liberal with a deep disgust of DJT, even though with great angst and amazement I find I sometimes (not often) agree with him.

Here we go..........

2 comments:

Dennis L. Nord, Ph.D. said...

Good for you! We need to get everyone to vote. My Colorado friend did an analysis of the 2016 election and found that only 23% of the people eligible to vote, voted for DJT. So not only did he fail to receive the majority of the votes, he failed to receive even a quarter of the votes that theoretically could have been cast. No wonder he wants the postal service to fail and the thereby close out the vote-by-mail option. No wonder he puts so much effort into calling voter fraud while increasing the barricades to voter registration and voter participation. The fewer people who vote, the more likely he is to win. We need to get everyone registered and at the polls!

Coleen Hanna said...

Dick, I am sorry that I just discovered that you had resumed your Snow Crash. I will slowly catch up.